Sunday, September 19, 2010




First Impressions, I trust mine. Quick to dissect. Places (and people), have a way of opening up, unfolding like the creases of a hypercube. The longer you spend in a place (or person) the more dense the layers get. In a country that does not speak your native tongue you learn quick the fine art of body language, actions always speak louder. Its a beautiful image - writing pictures in the air, communicating by way of charades, performing some kind of universally comprehensive dance with your hands. My appointment with Japan was an awakening, as most experiences that stray from your normal reality are. Even the flight, the perpetual waiting at airports and stations and intersections I enjoyed. Those half way places, that feeling of limbo always puts me into a deeper state of meditation about everything around and inside of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment